The employment relationship is integral to the success of any organisation. There are many laws which govern it, which can be difficult to apply in practice. This may lead to claims being issued by employees in the Employment Tribunal. Our task is to guide you through the maze of regulations to try to avoid expensive and time-consuming disputes.
For public bodies, the breakdown in employee relations can have a significant impact on the day-to-day running of the organisation. Therefore, it is important that legal advice is available at an early stage to reduce the risk of claims being made against them.
What Support We Provide
Working together with your human resources provider, we can help steer you to fair and successful outcomes for the employee and the organisation. We advise on the full spectrum of issues including:
- Employee benefits and rights
- Dismissal and grievance procedures
- Varying contracts of employment
- All forms of discrimination
- Transfer of Undertakings (“TUPE”)
- Restructures and redundancy
- Advising on settlements and negotiating the terms of compromise agreements
Advice and assistance with the preparation of all types of claims being lodged by employees at the Employment Tribunal or the Appeals Tribunal; we will appear on your behalf and conduct proceedings at Employment Tribunals and in some types of cases through the courts
We are also able to arrange mediation, which may be a cost effective way of resolving disputes without the hostility which may arise in the case of formal proceedings in the Employment Tribunal. We are experienced in dealing with a range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters. We can offer you:
- An understanding of the needs and pressures that public bodies are currently facing with reduced budgets
- A track record of establishing good working relationships with our clients in order to resolve their employment law issues
- Competitive fees